ATTENTIVE CARE SPEEDS RECOVERY
Westmoreland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is an excellent choice for recovery after surgery, illness, or a stroke. Highly skilled therapists work individually with patients to achieve their highest possible level of independence and functioning.
For those who choose to make Westmoreland their home due to chronic conditions, we offer personalized care and we respect individual choices and preferences.
Our rehab department has over 50 years combined experience and employs the latest techniques and technologies in therapeutic services. We pride ourselves in keeping up-to-date and are able to offer specialty services such as LSVT BIG. Our rehab team focuses on each individual’s unique situation and customizes the patient’s plan for the quickest recovery and best outcomes.
Our rehab services include:
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy with specialties in orthopedic and neurological assessment and treatment
- Electrical stimulation therapy such as diathermy used for pain, wound and contracture management, as well as muscle weakness
- State of the art equipment including a fully equipped kitchen and 2 fully equipped bathrooms with all accessories to help patients return to their independence as quickly and safely as possible.
Our nursing department is staffed by a well-rounded team of nurses and certified nursing assistants who provide exceptional care to our patients. The nursing staff is proficient in providing care requiring such services as:
- IV Delivered Antibiotics
- Wound Care Management
- Pain Management
- Feeding Tube Use and Management
- CHF and CVA Protocols
- Infectious Disease Control
In addition, we offer services provided by the following specialists:
- Podiatry services with Dr. Brett Chicko of Fredericksburg Foot and Ankle
- Psychiatry services with Collette Ngante, Board Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Wound Care services with VHORA Wound Clinic
- Mary Washington Healthcare Reference Lab
- Dynamic Mobile Imaging for diagnostic testing needs